How Old Is Weston?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 29, 2011

Granny Waffles!

My Mom, Weston's Great-Granny, makes the most delicious waffles in the whole world. I loved eating them as a kid. When my own kids were little, they called them "Granny Waffles" - since it was their Granny who gave us the recipe - and they were always a super special treat! To this day, we still make those waffles and still call them by the same name. After Weston was released from the hospital, he came to stay at my house with Bailey and Brian so that I could help out with his medications, wound care etc. during the day while Brian was at work. Trust me, changing the packing of his surgical incision took at least two people, usually three, and Bailey could have never done it had she been on her own with him at their home in Devine.

One morning during their stay, I made the famous Granny Waffles and Weston was thrilled! I think he was especially thrilled because we let him stand on my kitchen counter to eat them since he was still too sore to sit on his poor little bottom...


SUPER DELICIOUS!!!
I love you, sweet Weston and would have made you ANYTHING to help you feel better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment