How Old Is Weston?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

OUCH!

YIPES! Today was a day that I had been dreading since Weston was born..............his first appointment for shots..........ugh. Bailey had been really torn about taking him, and wanted me to do it, but, in the end, she stepped up to the plate and handled it on her own! I, meanwhile, was a nervous wreck waiting at home to hear how our Scooty did. In fact, I was soooooooooo stressed out that I went on one of my ultimate cleaning binges that I always resort to when I'm uptight.
Because Bailey had such a severe reaction to her first set of shots, I was just sick at my stomach thinking that the same thing might happen to my precious Buddha. Luckily, however, he came through it like a champ! He apparently screamed like a banshee, but settled down quickly. Whew! Just look at his poor little legs - I think that 4 shots in one sitting is just plain CRUEL!

The best news was that Dr. Hayward once again claimed that Weston is just PERFECT! At 10 weeks and 1 day old, he weighed in at 16 lbs. and measured 25 in. That put him in the 100th percentile for his weight and the 97th percentile for his height - remember, this kid comes from big stock! The doctor said that he isn't even the slightest ounce overweight despite those sweet, kissable, chubby cheeks of his. She assured us that as long as Weston's height/weight stay within proportion of one another, he is just right! He may be the size of a 6 month old at only 2 months of age, but that just means that he is a big, strong, HEALTHY boy!!! We are all sooooo grateful for the good news! I just sooooo love my Scooty Bug!

The doc says Weston is still too young to start on cereal, despite his size, so we'll just keep right on doing what we are already doing as far as his bottles are concerned. In about 6 more weeks, he can start on solids - whoop whoop! I can't wait to make all of Scooty's food from scratch! No jarred baby food for this sweet boy............well, at least not at his Granny's house! Thank you, God, for letting Weston's appt. be a good one! We are so thankful for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment