How Old Is Weston?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Vacation Time With Grandpa!

James is on vacation this week so, aside from all of the projects that he is currently working on around the house, he's been hanging around much more than usual since he's not at work. Guess who he loves spending lots of time with????????????

It's Scooty Bug, of course......."My Weston" as Grandpa likes to call him. Here they are sharing an early morning chat and playing "peek a boo".

And here is Grandpa teaching Weston the art of blowing raspberries! I'm not sure who is having more fun - the teacher or the student!

Clearly, the love goes both ways between sweet Scoots and his sweet Grandpa - just look at the joy on Weston's precious face!!!

I wish everyone could have heard these two this morning the way that I did. I was in my office/the playroom with the other daycare kiddos and could clearly listen to James with Weston. That husband of mine giggled, laughed, counted, blew spit bubbles and said endless "I love yous" to that little boy. It totally melted me. Then, James decided that he would teach Weston the ins and outs of "The Price Is Right" - James' favorite game show of all time. He patiently explained to Weston the skill of bidding on the prizes, spinning the wheel for the chance to be in the showcase, etc. - too cute! Then, I heard him ask Weston....."Are you poopy, Mister?" I didn't say a word, but just waited to see what would happen. Sure enough, James came trotting into the office with Weston, laid him down on his change table and proceeded to handle the diaper situation without so much as a single request for me to take care of it instead. I tried not to let James know I was watching him, but snuck enough peeks to know that he not only changed Weston's diaper, but did so with such tender loving care, talking to him the entire time and being extra careful to get him squeaky clean just the way that I do. I love that man. I am so lucky to be his wife. My children are so lucky that he is their Dad. And, now, Weston is so lucky to have him as his Grandpa. My heart bursts!

No comments:

Post a Comment