How Old Is Weston?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Do You See This Face???

When YOU look at it, you probably just see a happy, chubby, snotty-nosed, messy faced baby.

MY viewpoint, however, is WAY different. I see the face of total perfection....the one that steals my heart in a way I've never known. YOU may see a snotty face, while I gratefully see one that was diagnosed with a mere cold yesterday vs. something more serious. YOU may see mess, while I cherish every inch of the face that just munched down on homemade Granny waffles with blueberries and applesauce. This is the face of the baby who molds perfectly into my arms and sleeps peacefully, knowing that I would die in an instant before I would let any harm come his way. This is the face of the child who literally lights up like a Christmas tree every single time I walk into the room. This is the face of the baby who LOVES this Granny and shows me that in so many ways........with his sly little grins; with the way he lays his head on my shoulder and just gazes into my eyes, with the way he reaches his chubby little arms out for me to hold him and then giggles when I do. This is the face of the one who brings me such completion and who can calm my otherwise "go-go-go 24/7" personality so that I can just simply sit with him and look at him and smell him and touch him for loooong stretches of time without a care as to what other things I "should" be doing. This is the face of the child who I miss and ache for anytime he isn't here. This is the face of the one who has changed my entire family for the better because he has brought all of us to a new level of love. Most importantly, in THIS child's face, I see MY child's face.......my treasured Bailey, just even better! EVERY fiber of my being loves this face more than any face in this ENTIRE world. I would go to the ends of the earth to ensure this face is always happy, healthy and safe. This is the face of the one who makes me a better person - one who wants to make this world a better place just for this little face! This is the face of my first grandchild - how amazing is that????
I love you, Weston Scott. No matter what anyone else sees, I see ONLY the face of the child who makes me the happiest, most blessed person in the world. Thank you SO much for the gift of your beautifully sweet face. I cherish YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment