How Old Is Weston?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

OUCH!

Last night, I was watching the American Idol finale when the phone rang. When the caller ID showed it to be Bailey, I got a funny feeling in my stomach because I knew good and well that she was at home watching the finale too so it was strange for her to be calling at that moment.

When I answered the phone, I found out why...

Bailey sounded totally out of breath - her voice shaky and quick with definite tears mixed in-

It was hard to understand her because she was so upset, but I definitely heard something about Weston getting into the trash can and slicing his finger on an open can of beans. I also caught "lots of blood" and "I don't know what to do". HOLY COW!

I immediately hung up with her, yelled to James "We've gotta go" and high-tailed it to the car as fast as my chubby self could go. The dread that I felt at that moment was off the charts. I had these terrible visions of my precious little Scooty Bug screaming in pain with his finger dangling by a thread etc. etc. UGH! I jumped in the driver's seat and started backing out of the driveway while poor James was still trying to climb in the car. I had one focus and one focus only -

GET TO MY SCOOBER!

I zoomed over there with the speed of Danica Patrick, let me tell you. Once I was there, however, I was afraid to go in because I didn't know just how bad it was and if my old heart could take it. Bailey opened the door, holding Weston. He had blood splattered on his precious little face, all over his jammies, etc. and had his right hand bundled up in a kitchen towel. He wasn't crying at all and broke into the biggest, cheesiest grin the moment he saw us. Ah...sweet relief. We took him into the kitchen and I totally let his Grandpa take over. He is WAY better with blood and guts than I am, especially when it comes to someone who I hold as near and dear as Lishy! His finger was indeed sliced and still bleeding but after holding pressure to it for a bit longer, things slowed down. Never once did Weston shed a tear despite us messing with him - such a brave boy! I kept my distance in order to keep my composure. Grandpa went out and got all the necessary supplies - bandages, neosporin, hydrogen peroxide, adhesive tape etc. etc. and fixed up our precious Little Man just right! As of today, Scooby's finger is doing SO much better and just requires a little bandaid. THANK THE LORD! I am so grateful that we were just a phone call away and could be there in minutes to help Bailey deal with Weston's first "real" ouchy, especially since Brian isn't with them right now. I'm extra grateful that it turned out to be nothing serious and that my delicious Little Man is just fine!

I LOVE YOU, BOOGITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment