How Old Is Weston?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Mother's Love!

My baby. My Bailey. My heartbeat... I'll never forget when this picture was taken - it was Bailey's first real experience with dirt and she was very unsure about this "gift" from Mother Nature - just look at that priceless expression on her sweet face! It seems like it was only yesterday, yet it was more than twenty years ago. It always has been and always will be one of my favorite memories. I adore this picture. I have had it displayed in our home since the day it was taken, along with so many other things that instantly take me back to the days when my baby was still a baby. No words could ever do justice to the intense love I feel for my children. You can try to explain it every possible way, but unless you have a child of your own, the complete depth of a mother's love is simply unattainable to the imagination. I always, always dreamed that my beautiful daughter would one day understand, and now she does....

Enter Weston Scott...

This excerpt was taken directly from my email exchange with Bailey this morning (a ritual of ours that I cherish): Here, Bailey is referring to the fact that Scooty woke up only once during the night last night rather than his usual two times.....
"When I woke up and realized that he hadn't woken up again in the night, I jumped out of bed and ran to his room and he was just snoozing away.......but I NEEDED him so bad that I took him out and brought him to our room, where I ate him up for a good 30-45 minutes. I didn't even care that I really needed to be getting ready. I just couldn't pull myself away from him! Last night I was telling him how much I loved him and he was smiling and laughing and OMG, I just burst into tears! NOTHING could have prepared me for the love you feel for one little sugar!"

Wow.......still wiping my tears. Her words are like a direct gift to my heart. I am so thankful to God for blessing Brian and Bailey with their incredible little boy. How fulfilling for me to know that now Bailey truly understands what she means to me and she has the opportunity to experience such insurmountable love.

It is my dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment