How Old Is Weston?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mornings...

This Granny is most definitely NOT a morning person.........to say the very least. Once I get up for the day, it takes me a good hour or so, along with several cups of coffee to fully gain consciousness and become human. Thankfully, Scooty Bug and Harper are tuned in to my "non-morningness" and also like to just "chill" when the day is new.

Here's precious Weston just hanging out watching cartoons with Shiner Shea. Cartoons sure aren't what they used to be.................gone are the days of The Roadrunner outsmarting Wiley Coyote; no more are kids treated to the antics of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester and Tweety; the Pink Panther is nowhere to be seen - heck, these days you can't even find a Scooby snack! I miss those guys. Cartoons, in my opinion, have gone WAAAAAY down hill. The best example of that is the dreaded Dora the Explorer. That bilingual, shrimpy monster is my nemesis, I tell ya. A person can truly lose their mind listening to her repeat the same, d*mn thing over and over and over and OVER!!!!!! If you've seen it, you're totally with me right now and fully understand why I want to knock her out after hearing her dumb jingles, say, eleventy times!!! Kids, on the other hand, for some unbeknownst reason, love that mop-topped oversized headed creature. Here is a prime example....................

Harper..............................in a Dora-induced trance.............ugh.

The really cute thing was that Harper looked over at Weston lounging with Shiner and said to me, "Harper hold Wesson?" Melt. She loves my Scoots - and he so loves her!

How freakin' cute is that?????????????????? I'll endure dumb Dora anyday just to see this sweet friendship. Ahhhhhhh.....................I so love these two!

2 comments:

  1. I couldnt agree with you more on the Dora rant!!!! This is what happens when I watch Dora...

    Dora: Wheres the monkey?
    Me: B**ch its right behind you! Turn around!!!! My husband and I are NOT fans of hers either! Nor will Emma EVER be if I have anything to do with it! I will check the name of the network in the morning, but there is a cartoon channel that shows "Old school" toons such as The Pink Panther, The Jetson, and The Flinstones. The good stuff! Ill be sure and get the name of the network for you!

    I do however think that it is very, VERY sweet that Weston and Harper find time to snuggle and bond over that annoying little cartoon :) You are such a proud Granny and Weston is a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Jenny - I am sooooooooo cracking up. I didn't want to admit it, but I totally say the same kind of stuff to ol' Dora - not to where the kiddos can hear me, of course, but definitely under my breath! I just want Swiper to haul off and bite that no good little snit! Now THAT would make for a good Dora episode - ha!

    ReplyDelete