How Old Is Weston?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

Road Trip To Austin!

This past weekend, Scooty's 2nd cousin, Shawn, got married to his love, Ashlie. Brian, Bailey, Weston and I travelled to Austin to watch the nuptials and to spend time with family. We all piled into Brian's big truck and headed out for our road trip. I got the supreme privilege of having Licious as my back seat partner for the whole trip! It was sooooo fun to get to talk to him and watch him grin, laugh, eat, sleep, play etc. Normally, I hate riding in the car for long distances but, with Weston at my side, it was no problem at all!

Here's Scoots with Mommy and Daddy after we arrived at our hotel.

He was VERY happy to ditch his clothes, get out of the heat and just relax on the ever so comfy
bed for a while before we had to get ready for the ceremony.

Snuggling with Mommy!

Silly boy!

All decked out and ready to go!

Scooty's handsome Daddy and beautiful Mommy!

Weston with his Great Aunt Kelly. It was so good to see everyone. I always LOVE to hear Kelly's laugh. She has the best laugh ever!

Weston and his Great Uncle Joe. Such a handsome duo!

OK, so now you're probably wondering where the heck the rest of the pictures from the wedding are. I mean, seriously, we did spend HOURS there and got to see TONS of family so.........what's up with no more pictures??????? Well, the reason for no more pictures is two-fold. First of all, it was hot, and I mean REALLY hot. The wedding was outside. In July. In Texas. Get my drift??? This Granny just does NOT do heat. In fact, I hate heat. I'm a give me cold anytime over heat kind of Granny. I was sooooooooooo looking forward to getting into the AC, that I just couldn't bring myself to take any pictures.


Then, there might have been a slight issue with the fact that there was an open bar of the most delicious frozen margaritas........ever. I'm talking unlimited, icy, limey, tequila loaded margaritas. Quite possibly my favorite drink on the planet. Every time I finished one, another one just magically appeared. Before I knew it, I couldn't have taken pictures even if I had wanted to. I know, I know.........what a lush. So, sue me!!! Everybody, Grannies included, has the right to get a little juiced now and then - especially at an event as happy as a wedding!!!

After a fun evening, this Granny was pooped! And, so was my sweet Scooty Bug...


Time to head back to the hotel for some much needed zzzzzzzz's. Congratulations, Shawn & Ashlie. Your wedding was BEAUTIFUL and we are so glad that you included us in your special day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment