How Old Is Weston?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Good As New!

See those beautiful, inquisitive eyes?

And that mischievous little grin?

And that full-on, open-mouthed happy SMILE?

I love them!

I always love them. I've loved every single thing about Weston since before he was even born.
But, now I love everything EVEN more because I've seen him down and it totally broke my heart. Our sweet precious Munchkin was sick last week - really sick - and it scared the heck out of me. We still don't really know what he had - just some sort of nasty virus that quite literally took all the spunk out of our normally bouncy little bean. He ran anywhere from a 101 to nearly 105 degree temperature for three days straight - no other symptoms. It was so hard to see our precious Lish suffering and looking to us for help when there was really nothing that we could do but try to keep him as comfortable as possible and just love the dickens out of him. I've had three kids of my own, lots of nieces/nephews and dozens of daycare kiddos so I know exactly what it's like to have a sick child around. This experience, however, was totally different. I was soooo worried about my punky bug - double the worry that I had with my own kids when they were sick because I not only worried about HIM, but I worried about Bailey and Brian having to worry about him.............ugh - this Granny love I've got goin' on is one powerful emotion, let me assure you. I prayed so hard for Weston to get better that I hardly had time to do anything else!
And, better he is! In fact, I'd say he's good as new! Back are the smiles, the giggles, the hugs, the kisses, the sparkly personality etc. etc. I literally thank God each and every time I kiss his sweet chubby cheeks and feel how cool they are to my lips rather than blazing with fever like they had been. Never for one single second do I want that baby boy to hurt. When he was sick, I soooooo wanted to trade places with him - ANYTHING just to make him well. He means the world to me, you know! Thank you God for healing our amazing Weston. I am so very grateful for him every single day.



No comments:

Post a Comment