How Old Is Weston?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Just an FYI

I got the official and final word on Weston's new car seat placement today. He will have to be rear-facing until he is a year old. Infants younger than that do not have strong enough neck muscles to withstand the force of an accident if they are forward-facing. Because he is already up to the 20 lbs. which are required for him to be forward-facing, I wasn't sure which direction the car seat needed to be in since he is big, but young, and got conflicting opinions on which way to put him depending on who I was asking. Even the manual that came with the car seat wasn't specific as to what to do. After more research and speaking to a pediatrician directly, I have put his seat in the rear-facing position. Oh well, so much for the new perspective on his ride! At least with the new seat, he is higher up and can still look out the side windows a bit better. I love you my safe little Scooty Bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment